Applying for Re-Entry Permit if you leave the country

If you have a Non-B visa, you will need to go to Immigration to get a Re-Entry permit if you intend to leave the country. With this permit, your visa and extension of stay will remain active on your return. If you forget, your Non-B visa is automatically canceled and with that your work permit. This means that we will have to start again to change your new tourist visa to a Non-B and then apply for a new work permit. You will have to pay the cost for this mistake which is around 9,000 Baht.

PROCEDURE: You need to fill out the TM.8 form. Then bring to the Immigration office your passport, photocopies of the photo page, visa page, last entry stamp, and departure card, together with a 4×6 passport photo and 1,000 Baht for single re-entry and 3,800 Baht for multiple-entry. The latter is only cheaper if you intend on leaving the country four times within the lifespan of your extension of stay.

PLEASE NOTE: Your re-entry permit is only valid for the length of your extension of stay. So, for example, if you only have four months left on your visa, then there is no point in getting a multi re-entry permit as it will expire after four months.



Return to Welcome Page